I just wanted to let everyone know that I am doing much better. Since being taken to the ER a couple of weeks ago, where I was prescribed a medication called Cogentin which is used to treat symptoms of Parkinsons & side effects of certain psychiatric medications, my muscle spasms are completely gone. I can sit, stand, walk, and lay down without any discomfort. And the best part is that it does not effect my emotional well being. There are so many things I want to do now.
When I get paid in April I am registering to take a CPR certification class. I let my certification lapse a few years ago because I was no longer working but it is time to get back on track. I am also looking into volunteering at a crisis hotline or at the local hospital. On top of that the building I am living in is being turned into housing which means that there will no longer be counselors that check in on us so they will be needing a resident manager. I have already notified them that I am interested and I am sending them my updated resume. If I get the position then I will be moved downstairs to the single apartment. I am very excited about all the possibilities. Wish me luck. Love Vj
Friday, March 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
Vj,
I am so happy for you. Take advantage of all you can to make your life happy, peaceful, and most of this comes through serving others. You have a good heart and I know that is where you can find the good life that we all deserve.
Remember, the more we take the less we become. I think that is from a Sara McLachlan song. How good it feels to help others. Love you.
Vickie
Post a Comment